Myotherapy provides evidence – based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to aid in the relief of musculoskeletal conditions. These conditions usually cause pain and dysfunction through movement and mobility.
What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy uses orthopaedic and neurological testing to diagnose and identify any dysfunction that may be contributing to pain.
Treatment often involves soft to deep massage manipulation, muscle energy technique stretching, spinal and joint mobilisation, dry needling and the implementation of corrective exercises. While Myotherapy is used for the treatment of pain or injuries, it is also a very effective and holistic way to maintaining a healthy body, prevent injuries from occurring and continue to keep active.
You don’t need a referral from a doctor to make an appointment with a myotherapist. Myotherapy is also rebatable through private health care.
What can I expect from treatment?
All appointments at Colac Myotherapy run for 45minutes. Your appointment will consist of a thorough history taking and overall assessment, hands on treatment involving some or all of the previously mentioned techniques and reassessment and recommendations following treatment. Treatment techniques are always discussed and your myotherapist will personalise your treatment to best suit your needs.
What do myotherapists commonly treat;
- Acute or chronic pathologies
- Neck and back pain and dysfunction
- Headaches, migraines and postural strains,
- Chronic overuse injuries (RSI),
- Joint pain such as osteoarthritis,
- Muscle strains and tears,
- Ligament sprains,
- Tendinopathies such as Achilles tendinopathy, plantar fasciitis and Tennis/golfers elbow,
- General musculoskeletal tightness,
- Nerve entrapments and pain and much more.